I usually have a lot of pumpkins after visiting the pumpkin patches in our city and going to pumpkin carving events.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorites. They are a healthy, tasty, snack and easy to make.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1-cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-teaspoon lime juice
1-teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Rinse the pumpkin seeds well and pat dry.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Add the lime juice, garlic salt, chili powder, cumin and salt to the butter. Mix well.
4. In a gallon size zip lock bag pour in butter mixture. Add the raw pumpkin seeds. Seal the bag and shake well until all the seeds are well coated.
5. Grease a baking pan and spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer in the pan.
6. Bake pumpkin seeds for approximately 30 minutes turning the seeds every 10 minutes. Roast until a nice light golden brown.
Let cool and store in an airtight container.