These nuts are sweet and crunchy with just a hint of heat. I like to eat them by themselves, or chop them and sprinkle on my salad. They are also great to use in you favorite trail mix recipe.
Spicy Candied Pecans
1 egg white
2 cups pecan halves
½ cup packed brown sugar
1-teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the egg white and water until frothy.
- Add pecans and stir to coat completely.
- In a strainer drain the pecans.
- Place the brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin and chipotle chili powder in a Ziploc bag. Seal and shake. Be sure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add pecans to the Ziploc bag. Seal and shake until the pecans are coated.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray a baking sheet (or line the baking sheet with parchment paper). Arrange the nuts in a single layer.
- Bake for 16 minutes tuning halfway through the baking.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 2 cups.