Chili is a traditional dish I serve during the Super Bowl. I serve it with garnishes like - cheese, onions, crackers, cornbread, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. I also cook some Orzo pasta so guests can add chili to their pasta.
- 1-1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 2-15 oz cans tomatoes sauce
- 1-14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1-4 oz can medium diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1-tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cardamon
- ¼ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans (If using canned be sure to drain well)
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef. Add the Taco seasoning and cook two more minutes.
3. Remove chili from heat. Adjust seasoning and serve in bowls and let your guest top with garnishes.