This brownie recipe combines two of my favorite things - brownies and Seven Layer Cookies. The crust is a brownie crust topped with the goodies for Seven Layer Cookies. The tasty result is a chewy, moist, delicious treat. You cannot go wrong with these brownies.
Ultimate Brownie Bars
1 box brownie mix
1/3-cup butter melted
¼ cup chocolate syrup (omit if your brownie mix has a chocolate syrup pouch)
1 egg beaten
2/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1-cup condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease an 8x8 inch-baking dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the brownie mix, butter, chocolate syrup and beaten egg. Stir until well mixed.
3. Press dough mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 14 minutes.
|Dough pressed in the prepared pan|
|Baked brownie crust|
4. Remove the brownie crust from the oven. Top the crust with the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, flaked coconut, walnuts, and condensed milk.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and a light golden brown color.
6. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
7. Cut into 4x4 rows.
Yield: 16 bars
|Brownie Crust Toppings|