Autumn Harvest Cake
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1- teaspoon baking powder
½- teaspoon baking soda
¼- teaspoon salt
1-teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3-cup vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
1 beaten egg
½ cup pure maple syrup
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
1 ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
½ cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8x8- inch-baking pan with cooking spry. Set aside.
3. Whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
4. Stir together the oil and the sugar in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin. Stir until well mixed.
5. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Fold in the chopped apple, orange zest, and dried cranberries.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and brush the top with maple syrup.
9. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped topping.
Note: I make this cake every Thanksgiving. Some guests do not like pie, so I make them cake.
|Wet & Dry Combined|
|Apples, Orange Zest and Cranberries Folded In|
|Ready for Oven|