Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Bread
Special Equipment: Bread Machine
Ingredients for a 1 1/2- pound loaf:
1 cup of lukewarm water plus 2 tablespoons (80-90 degrees)
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter softened
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ¼ cups bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk
1 ½ teaspoons Bread Machine or Active Dry Yeast
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2/3 cup of chopped dried cherries
2/3 cup of coarsely chopped pistachios
1. Place the first nine ingredients (stop at milk chocolate chips) in the bread pan in the order indicated by the manufacturer.
2. Place the bread pan in the bread maker. Select the Sweet Bread setting, light crust, 1 1/2 pound loaf and start.
3. Add the semisweet chocolate chips, chopped dried cherries, and chopped pistachios in the dough when the mix-in tone sounds or 5-10 minutes at the end of the final knead cycle.
4. Remove the bread from the pan when the cycle is complete. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Cool the bread completely before slicing.
|Chopped Dried Cherries|
|Ready For Kneading|
|Dough With Mix Ins|
Makes 1 loaf