This recipe has a hint of lavender. The lavender adds a subtle floral taste to the tangy citrus of the lemons.
You start with lavender syrup, (you can make it ahead of time, put in in the fridge and it is ready to use) add freshly squeezed lemon juice, some water, stir, and you have your lemonade. Pour it over a tall glass of ice and you have a cool refreshing beverage that is hard to beat.
4 cups water
1-tablespoon culinary lavender
1-cup fresh lemon juice - 4 large lemons
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lavender to the syrup. Boil for two minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool for one hour.*
- In a 1-1/2 quart pitcher add the lemon juice and remaining two cups of water. Strain the lavender syrup before adding it to the lemon juice and water.
- Stir the lemonade and serve over ice.
*Note: You can make the syrup ahead of time and put it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Makes a little over 1 quart