Brazilian Strawberry Limeade
Adapted from "Our Best Bites"
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
4 juicy limes
1 cup sugar
6 cups water
4-6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1. Make a simple syrup consisting of 1 cup hot water and 1 cup of sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the simple syrup and remaining water into a pitcher and chill until ready to use.
Note: This step can be done ahead of time.
2. Puree strawberries. Press the mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into the pitcher you will serve the limeade in using the back of a spoon. Discard the seeds.
3. Wash limes thoroughly with soap. Cut the ends off the limes and then cut each lime into eighths.
4. Place half of the limes in a blender.
5. Add half of the sugar water. Place the top on your blender and pulse 5 times.
6. Place a fine-mesh strainer over a pitcher (the one you will serve the limeade in) and pour the blended mixture through the strainer and into the pitcher. Use a spoon to press the rest of the liquid into the pitcher.
7. Dump the pulp and stuff in the strainer into the trash.
8. Repeat with the remaining limes and sugar water.
9. Add 4 tablespoons of the sweetened condensed milk. Stir until mixed.
10. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed - add some more condensed milk.
11. Serve immediately over lots of ice.
Makes 4 servings