Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Coconut Friands

This week for "French Fridays With Dorie" we made Coconut Friands.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this recipe.  It is simple, quick and delicious.   Best of all, you do not need to be a pastry person to make these delicious little cakes.   The ingredients used were coconut,  egg whites, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and of course butter.  You  whisk by  hand, then pour the batter into mini-muffin tins, bake, cool, and enjoy.  The cakes were simply delicious:)  They were moist and had a nice chewy texture to them from the coconut.  In some of my friands I put a fresh raspberry then spooned the batter over it.  MMMM, they were fantastic.  I am definitely making this recipe again.  You can find this recipe on page 456 in "Around My French Table."

Coconut Friands Batter


Batter in Mini Muffin Pan

Coconut Friands









4 comments:

  1. Geri, These look beautiful…I especially love the raspberries in the middle. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of the raspberries, great choice for another flavor layer! Easy, delicious and elegant-perfect for brunch or afternoon tea. Enjoy the weekend as well as those friands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be these were wonderful with fresh raspberries in them! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were so good, weren't they??? I love that you added the raspberries...yum!

    ReplyDelete