Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Texas Sheet Cake

Texas Sheet Cake has been referred to as the "Little Black Dress" of Chocolate cakes.  It is so yummy! Last night, I made  this wonderful cake for dessert.  This is one of my favorites cakes to make.  It is easy,  delicious, hard to mess up, and a favorite of almost everyone.  If you are a chocolate lover, and even if you aren't you will love this cake.  The cake is moist with a rich chocolate flavor.  As if that wasn't enough,  it is topped with a fantastic fudge frosting with pecans.  MMM fantastic!

To make this delicious cake you need basic ingredients -most of which you'll already have in your kitchen.  Flour, cocoa powder, sugar, butter, baking soda, vanilla extract, buttermilk, pecans.  No mixer is required.  You mix everything by hand in a mixing bowl.  What could be easier.  While the cake is baking, you start preparing the frosting, which has butter, milk, pecans and cocoa powder.  Remove the cake from the oven and frost.  Your dessert is done. This cake is so good it disappears before your eyes.





My favorite recipe for this cake is from "The Homesick Texan".  Click on the link for the recipe.





Dry Ingredients

Cocoa Mixture Poured Over Dry Ingredients



Adding Eggs, Buttermilk, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Soda, and Chile to Cocoa Mixture


Batter Ready to Pour in Pan

Ready For Oven



Out of Oven
Ready to Enjoy:)

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cakes! My aunt always made this for family parties when I was little. I got to enjoy her version again last summer when I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of some white chocolate ice cream to serve with this delicious sheet cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it’s known as the little black dress of chocolate cakes! It looks so moist and wonderful!! I am definitely making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a delicious classic! It has such awesome texture as well as taste, I will need to try this version. However, I will need to grab a few slices before everyone else knows it has been made-just to insure I get to eat a piece. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete