Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Peach Melba

Peach Melba



A great dessert to make in celebration of National Peach Month!  Let me begin this post by saying this dessert was fantastic!  Everyone loved it and wanted to know when I was going to make it again.

You first poach the peaches in a flavorful  lemony syrup and let them cool.  I used white peaches from our peach tree.   Next, you make a raspberry sauce by pureeing fresh raspberries.   You can strain the sauce if you wish (I strained mine).  The peaches can be poached ahead of time  and  the raspberry sauce can also be made ahead of time.    When you are ready to make the dessert you pour some syrup in the bottom of a parfait glass and add a peach half.  A nice scoop of vanilla ice cream (I used my Summertime Peach Ice Cream)  is then  placed on the peach half.  The other half of the peach is placed over the ice cream.  You them spoon some raspberry sauce over the peach, add a dollop of whipped cream and top with raspberries and/or toasted almonds.
The Peach Melba is ready to serve.  You family and/or guest will be impressed with this elegant and delicious dessert.

This recipe can be found on pages 477-478 in "French Fridays With Dorie."  You can also find the recipe on the blog Serious Eats.




Top View of Peach Melba



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Looks so delicious…we loved this one but what’s not to love about an ice cream sundae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Peach Melba - nice presentation! And your Summertime Peach Ice Cream sounds awfully good too! I am glad that you and your guests liked this recipe so much, it was fun to make and delicious.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful peach melbas, Summertime Peach Ice Cream sounds so good! I love that you have used your own peaches;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will SO be making this again soon too. So easy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous, jealous. "I used white peaches from our peach trees.) Thanks for sharing ice cream recipe. I strained the seeds out also. If you're going to serve this elegant dessert, I think you've got to go all the way with it, don't you? Although there are many processes, they can be broken down and made ahead, just as you said. Then, put together just before serving and it's not so complicated. I loved this too (as did my tasters). My first try. Was it yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I wouldn't give to have a peach tree! Your dessert looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. White peaches from your own tree, awesome! This was definitely elegant dessert to enjoy again and again. Glad you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous that you have a peach tree! How cool. We actually planted a tree, but I think it will be a few years before we get peaches (if we're lucky!). Your dessert is beautiful - glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A peach tree! What a treat. What a great way to enjoy such great fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Looks amazing and a great time for peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love peaches and your peach melba looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing, Im glad to see you still keeping yourself busy and your family bellies happy :)
    Sending Best Wishes
    Little Housewife

    ReplyDelete