Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Endives, Apples, and Grapes

Endives, Apples, and Grapes
This week in French Friday's With Dorie we made "Endives, Apples, and Grapes."  This was a very simply, yet very delicious dish. As the recipe title suggests, the  main ingredients are endives, apples, and grapes.  You cook the endives, apples, and grapes slowly in butter with rosemary sprigs until they are soft and caramelized.  That  is it.  You are ready to serve the dish.
This dish was delicious.  The grapes were my favorite.  They were so sweet and extremely tasty. I really enjoyed this recipe.    This is one recipe I will be making again and again.  You can find this recipe on page 338 in "Around My French Table."



Slowly Cooking 

Caramelizing


Ready to Eat

18 comments:

  1. Wasn't this easy? lol, and the recipe is named so succinctly! I think its so beautiful to see all the ingredients in the pan like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so easy and delicious! Glad you enjoyed and I agree about the grapes; they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ingredients look beautiful all browned and served together with rosemary- a wonderful recipe;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the grapes were everyone's favorites...lol! Weren't they good? Just toasty and juicy and popped in the mouth...I might be slightly addicted. Your dish looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And I agree -- the grapes were the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed it - and I am with you on the grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. A great recipe, easy to prepare and oh so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geraldine, this was a wonderful recipe, I agree, and you presenteted in such a lovely way - glad you enjoyed this so much! Love the wonderful rosemary sprigs!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for the grapes!! I think this was the discovery of the month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to trying this again with different grapes. I don't think the ones I bought were the right kind. Great photos. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed this one…I would love to try it using the squash next time! Yours looks wonderfully delicious, Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you enjoyed this! I think the hummus is more up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easy and tasty - what more could one ask for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't sure what to expect with this recipe, the endives on their own weren't my fave, but together it all seemed to work!
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete