Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Beef Brisket

Beef Brisket
I love the aroma which fills the house as this beef brisket is baking in the oven.  This is one of the family's favorite dinners and it is so easy to make.   Place the brisket on foil and cover in a mixture of barbecue sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.  Wrap the meat in foil and place in a large baking dish.  Bake the brisket for 1 hour for each pound - I baked mine for 5 hours.  Let the brisket set for 30 minutes and slice.  I spooned some of the sauce from the pan over my brisket before serving.  MMM delicious and so simple to make.



           
Beef Brisket

Ingredients:

1 (4.5-5 pound) beef brisket trimmed
½ cup Barbecue Sauce
¼ cup chili sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix the barbecue sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a mixing bowl.

3. Place brisket on a large piece of foil.
4. Spoon the sauce mixture over the brisket.

5. Wrap the brisket in foil and place in a large baking dish.


6. Bake brisket for 1 hour for each pound.
7. Let the brisket sit for 30 minutes before slicing.  Serve with extra barbecue sauce, if desired.

Serves 6












2 comments:

  1. I made brisket Sunday :) similar ingredients although I lean towards sweeter BUT it never occurred to me to wrap in foil. Which is crazy because I cook EVERYTHING in foil.... anyhow, I take away two things.... liquid smoke [which I had but didn't use?!?!?!] and FOIL. Thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Now I want brisket. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete