Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Marcona Almonds With Smoked Paprika

Marcona Almonds With Smoked Paprika
Need a quick nibble for family or friends?  I was in such a position a couple of days ago.  Instead of just putting out plain nuts, popcorn, pretzels,  etc 0I like to add an extra zing to my snacks.  Today's recipe has the extra zing of smoked paprika.  It is amazing what a wonderful flavor  some smoked paprika can add.  In a mixing bowl I tossed some Marcona almonds (I found mine at Costco) with olive oil and smoked paprika.  Baked them in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes.  Removed them from the oven and transferred to a bowl where I sprinkled them with salt and tossed.  That was it.  I had a quick snack to munch on during the Basketball game which New Mexico won!







Marcona Almonds With Smoked Paprika
From Bon Appetit



Ingredients:

2 cups Marcona almonds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Toss almonds, oil, and paprika on a rimmed baking sheet to coat; spread out in a single layer and toast, tossing occasionally, until dark golden brown, 8-10 minutes.















2. Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.  Let cool.

Makes  6-8 servings

Do Ahead:  Nuts can be toasted 1 week ahead.  Store airtight at room temperature.





3 comments:

  1. I adore marcona almonds…and your recipe sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use smoked paprika as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geraldine, I really, really adore homemade savory nuts and almonds do top the list of my absolute favorites - they are so wonderful for serving before dinner when friends come over or as part of a cheese platter or as an any-time- of-day snack! Thanks for posting the wonderful recipe!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete