Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sunshine Pudding

Sunshine Pudding
Sunshine pudding is a tasty breakfast dish made from chia seeds.  I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine in a section entitled "The Mini-Meal Diet."  They had some interesting dishes in this section.  I had fun with this recipe by telling the kids they were going to have pudding for breakfast.  They thought I lost it, but I told them I was making them pudding.   I neglected to say it was made with chia seeds and was healthy.  I am bad.   Back to the recipe - chia seeds  are soaked overnight in some vanilla soy milk.  The pudding is flavored with vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon and fresh or frozen blueberries.  I am sure you could use raspberries, blackberries, or quartered strawberries.  The mixture is stirred and it sits in the fridge overnight.   The next morning your breakfast is ready.  The pudding has the texture of tapioca from the chia seeds and is quite good.  The blueberries add just the right sweetness and the vanilla flavor in the pudding is perfect.   I enjoyed this pudding and will probably make it again. The kids were hoping for chocolate and not that impressed.  However, they did not say the "hated" the pudding.   Next time I make this recipe, I am going to experiment a bit using Almond milk and maybe some peaches or other berries.  Try it.  It is a fun dish to try at least once.

Sunshine Pudding
From Family Circle Magazine

Combine 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.  Let  sit in the fridge overnight.


Ready for Fridge


4 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to try chia seeds. This sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a healthy pudding recipe - actually, this is a recipe that I would love to try some day! I have never tried chia seeds but seen so many recipes with them.
    Have a lovely Monday, dear Geraldine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had also seen this in the family circle magazine but wanted to hear how it was for someone else first, so thank you for posting. I will not be alarmed by how it looks going into the fridge, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete