|Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes|
It was one of those relaxing mornings where I didn't have to rush around. No schedules to meet, just a morning or relaxation. I decided to make a pancake breakfast for the gang. Pancakes ares easy to make and versatile. You can add a little of this and that and you have a great tasting pancake.
This morning, I decided to make some banana pancakes. Instead of using the traditional recipe, I added Greek Vanilla yogurt to the batter and a sprinkling of chocolate chips. Chocolate chips are a favorite pancake ingredient at my house. In addition, I added a little lemon zest. Lemon zest adds great flavor to pancakes.
To begin, the dry ingredients of flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt are whisked together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, the Greek vanilla yogurt, milk, eggs, lemon zest and mashed bananas are combined together. The wet ingredients are added to the dry ingredients mixing together until they are combined. You are now ready to cook the pancakes. I melted butter in a large skillet and ladled the pancake batter onto the prepared skillet. I then sprinkled 1 teaspoon of the chocolate chips on the surface of the pancakes. I cooked the pancakes until bubbles began to appear on the surface and the underside was a nice brown color. Flip and cook until browned.
I served the pancakes with some sliced bananas on top, butter, a dusting of powdered sugar, butter, and some maple syrup. These were terrific tasting pancakes. They were filling without being heavy and the flavors of the yogurt, bananas, chocolate chips and lemon zest were delicious in these pancakes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup Greek Vanilla yogurt.
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, add the Greek Vanilla yogurt, milk, eggs, lemon zest, and bananas. Stir until combined.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones, stirring only until combined.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat until the butter bubbles. Ladle the pancake batter into the skillet.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the chocolate chips over the batter. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the underside is a nice brown color. Flip, and cook until the bottom is browned.
5. Clean the pan with a paper towel and add more butter to the pan. Continue cooking until all the batter has been used.
6. Serve the pancakes with sliced bananas, butter, a dusting of powdered sugar, and maple syrup.
Makes 12 pancakes