Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Avocado Smoothie


As I am writing this post, I am sipping on a wonderful Avocado Smoothie:)  It is so rich and creamy and very revitalizing.  I am a fan of avocados.  I love their buttery texture and their rich creamy taste.  Not only do they taste good - they a good for you.  Loaded with vitamins- at least 20, and minerals like potassium, lutein and folate. A superfood in my book.

Smoothies are easy to make.  Just place your ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour and serve.  You can sit and drink it or take it with you.


Avocado Smoothie
From BHG adapted by From My Southwest Kitchen


Ingredients
1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
1 banana
1/4 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup orange juice
Honey to taste
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 cups ice

Directions

1. In a blender combine avocado, banana, orange juice, plain Greek yogurt, honey, and ginger
2. Cover and blend until smooth. Add 2 cups ice; blend until smooth. Taste and add more honey if needed.

Serves 3



4 comments:

  1. wow I wish I were holding that glass now. It looks super creamy and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This smoothie look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This smoothie look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! The color is so light !:D Thanks to the banana I guess <3 Lovely smoothie!

    ReplyDelete