Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Bourbon Marinade




Happy Fall!  Fall is my favorite time of year.  All of the beautiful colors, the crispness in the air, and the harvest of great food.  I have been  busy picking the produce from our garden.  We have been enjoying fresh tomatoes and other veggies from our garden.


Today's recipe is for a fantastic marinade I discovered for beef.   Bourbon Marinade.  This  marinade has Bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, finger, and other wonderful ingredients that makes your select cut of beef delicious.   I have marinated steaks and a roast using this recipe and the results were wonderful.  The meat is tender, moist, and the taste is mouth watering.  Bourbon marinade is the new family favorite.


Bourbon Marinade
From Certified Angus Beef



Ingredients
1/4 cup Bourbon whiskey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
1 tablespoon  Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds of beef

Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients and place in a zipper-locking plastic bag with selected Beef cut. Close bag, removing air.

Marinade


Marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Remove selected cut from marinade and discard marinade.


Roast Marinating


Yield: 1 1/2 cups



3 comments:

  1. I don't eat much red meat, but I bet it will work with chicken too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I grew up in bourbon country, I bet this marinade is great! We always like sauces, etc with a touch of bourbon but I don't believe I've made one for beef. Looking forward to trying this and thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall too !
    Is my favorite time .we are in spring now but love fall :)

    ReplyDelete