Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Instant Pot Orange Ginger Chicken
Our Best Bites
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen OR thawed)
1/3 cup orange marmalade
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons water, broth, or orange juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Place chicken breasts in pressure cooker (see notes below for alternate cooking methods).
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together: marmelade, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, water, ginger and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken. Secure lid on pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes (15 minutes is the cooking time once under pressure.) When finished, release steam according to pressure cooker instructions and use an instant-read thermometer to make sure meat has reached 165 degrees. (If it has not reached temperature, simply return shredded chicken to sauce and simmer until cooked through.)
3. Remove chicken breasts and place on a cutting board. Bring remaining sauce in pan up to a simmer (use the saute feature on an electric cooker). Combine cornstarch with 3 teaspoons cold water and then pour mixture into pan. Simmer until sauce is thickened and the turn off heat.
4. Shred chicken and return to pot with sauce. Serve over rice.
Yields about 4 cups shredded chicken
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Not only is this recipe great, I love the fact it is cooked in one pan. Yeah - hardly any clean up. Great for busy nights or when you had a long day and you are just low on energy.
This Frittata is great for dinner - just serve it with a salad, or a nice brunch dish.
From Simply Recipes
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound thin spear asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
6 large eggs
3/4 cup cottage cheese
1 Tbsp minced fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1. Heat butter into a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium heat.
Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
2. Beat the eggs and cottage cheese together, stir in the chives and tarragon.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until almost set, but still runny on top. While cooking, pre-heat oven broiler.
3. Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the eggs and put in oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, and the center is set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven with oven mitts and slide frittata onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Monday, May 1, 2017
This recipe for Beef Noodle Stir Fry has beef, mushrooms, broccoli and carrots cooked in a sauce of soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper. You then add in some cooked udon noodles and stir.
Deliciousness in every bite. Noodles with a flavorful sauce clinging to them with tasty bites of beef, broccoli, and mushrooms. A meal you will be proud to serve your family and friends.
Beef Noodle Stir Fry
2 (7-ounce) refrigerated udon noodles, seasoning sauce packets discarded
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces beef top sirloin filet, thinly sliced across the grain
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
6 ounces broccoli florets
2 carrots, diced
FOR THE SAUCE:
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flake and ground black pepper; set aside.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook udon noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
Stir in mushrooms, broccoli and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in udon noodles, beef and soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.