Thursday, July 20, 2017
Brew some tea and make a simple syrup. To the syrup add some fresh mint sprigs. In a large pitcher add some orange juice, lemon juice, water, tea, and the syrup - mint sprigs removed. Stir and chill. Serve over ice and you will enjoy a very tasty and refreshing summer beverage.
Summer Iced Tea
4 black tea bags
8 cups water - divided
1 cup sugar
3 mint sprigs
1 cup orange juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. In 2 cups of boiling water brew the tea bags for about 20 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
In the remaining 2 cups of water add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Let set for 20 minutes.
2. In a large pitcher add the remaining 4 cup of water, orange juice and lemon juice. Remove the mint sprigs from the simple syrup and pour into the pitcher along with the brewed tea. Stir well and chill for about 2 hours.
3. Pour over ice and garnish with a mint sprig if desired.
Sunday, July 9, 2017
This is a easy tasty recipe to serve.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
From Pressure Cooking Today
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups milk (I used 1%)
1 cup half and half
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
Ground cinnamon for garnish
1. Combine rice, sugar, salt, and milk in Instant Pot. Select Saute and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, cover and lock lid in place. Be sure the valve is set to sealing. Select Low Pressure and set timer for 16 minutes.
2. While rice is cooking, whisk eggs with half and half and vanilla.
3. When beeps sound, turn off pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and then use a quick pressure release. Turn valve to venting setting. Carefully remove the lid. Stir the rice in pot.
4. Stir the egg mixture in to the pot. Select Saute and cook uncovered until mixture just starts to boil. Turn off pressure cooker. Stir in raisins.
5. Serve immediately, or put into serving dishes and chill. When serving serve with some ground cinnamon. Note: The pudding thickens as it cools.
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Start by sautéing some chicken with some herbs. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and manually set time for 5 minutes. Be sure the Instant Pot valve is on sealing. Once the chicken was cooked, I let it rest for about 5 minutes before I released the pressure. I ladled into bowls and served.
A tasty meal that was super easy and quick to prepare.
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
From Southern Family Fun
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1-1/2 lbs chicken breast, cubed
1 tube (16oz) refrigerated biscuits
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup frozen peas
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon basil
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1.Flatten each biscuit to about 1/8" thickness. Use a knife to cut into 1/2" strips.
Place 1 teaspoon olive oil, chicken, oregano, onion powder, basil, garlic, salt and pepper into the instant pot and mix to coat.
2.Turn instant pot to sautee and cook chicken (with the lid off) until brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
When finished, shut off instant pot by pressing cancel.
3. Add chicken broth, water, carrots and peas to instant pot and mix well.
Stir in biscuits.
4. Seal lid of instant pot and close the pressure knob.
Set instant pot to manual for 5 minutes.
It may take 5-10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and then you will see the count down of time from 5 minutes.
5.Once cooking cycle is finished, press cancel to turn off the unit and quick release steam/pressure.
Spoon chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve.