Friday, September 15, 2017
You start by slicing some flank steak into thin slices and coat it with cornstarch. In a slow cooker you place some soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots, and garlic. Add the meat, stir, cover and cook for 5 hours on low. Before serving, stir the beef and serve over rice. Top with some green onion slices if desired.
You and your family are in for delicious dinner that was so easy to prepare. Enjoy.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
From The Recipe Critic
1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
¼ cups cornstarch
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
¾ cups Soy Sauce
¾ cups Water
¾ cups Brown Sugar
1 cup grated Carrots
green onions, for garnish
1. Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a zip lock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
2. Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.
3. Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
As I mentioned earlier, everything is cooked in one pan. You start by heating up some oil and butter and adding the onions, garlic and pasta. Cook until the onions are tender and the pasta is slightly golden. Next stir in the chicken broth, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Next you add the shrimp and some lemon juice, cover and cook until the shrimp are cooked. Remove the lid, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and serve.
The pasta had a wonderful flavor and the shrimp were tender and flavorful. The dish had a nice refreshing flavor from the lemon juice. This meal was a family favorite. It is in my file of recipes to make again and again and again.
20 Minute One Pan Shrimp and Orzo Dinner
From Laughing Spatula Modified Slightly by From My Southwest Kitchen
1 pound medium shrimp - thawed if frozen
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic - minced
1 cup uncooked Orzo pasta
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 fresh lemon cut in half - divided
1. Heat large skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add butter and olive oil. Heat until butter is melted.
3. Add onion, garlic and orzo to the skillet.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent and orzo is slightly toasted.
5. Add chicken broth and parsley flakes. Stir.
6. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until orzo is soft and just a small amount of liquid remains in the pan.
7. Toss in the shrimp and the juice from one of the lemon halves. Stir.
8. Cover and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
9. Cut the remaining lemon half into slices. Garnish the Shrimp and Pasta with the lemon slices and grated Parmesan cheese.
Friday, September 8, 2017
Southwestern Grilled Cheese
2 slices sandwich bread
2 slices cheddar cheese
1 roasted green chile - peeled
1 fried egg
1. Spread butter on one side of both slices of bread.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
3. Place one slice of bread in the skillet buttered side down. Place a slice of cheese on the slice of bread, followed by the fried egg, green chile, another slice of cheese. Top with the other slice of bread buttered side up.
4. Cook until the bread is a golden brown in color. Turn the sandwich and grill the other side until golden brown. Serve.