Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

On The Beaten Path

Just got back from a long fall walk.  The kids, Sally the dog, and I walked about five miles.  The day was just perfect, not too cold, not too hot, and not too windy. The trees had golden, red, and purple leaves.  Our mountains looked so majestic against a clear blue sky.

I always make sure we have "provisions" for our walks.  I always have water and a surprise snack for us - freeze dried fruit, nuts, popcorn, Power Bars, etc.  Today I packed some home-made trail mix.  It had a salty sweet mixture to it.  It is one of my family's favorite.

Salty and Sweet Trail Mix


1-cup salted peanuts
1 cup salted cashews
½ cup whole almonds
1-cup butter toffee cashews
1-cup peanut brittle broken into bite size pieces



1. Put all of the above ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
2. Mix well.
3. Store ingredients in an airtight container or in a large zip loc bag.



Makes approximately 5 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment