Who doesn't love a grilled cheese sandwich? I know I sure do. Velvety melted cheese between two slices of toasted bread. This recipe adds a little flair to the classic grilled cheese. A fried egg and some green chile is sandwiched between two slices of white cheddar cheese. A whole new level of grilled cheese and oh sooo good.
NM Grilled Cheese Sandwich
2 slices of sandwich bread
2 slices of white cheddar cheese
1 fried egg
2 tablespoons chopped green chile
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Set aside
2. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Place one slice of bread in the skillet buttered side down.
3. Place a slice of cheese, egg, green chile, and the remaining slice of cheese on the slice of bread.
4. Place the remaining slice of bread on the sandwich buttered side up. Grill until golden brown, flip and grill until golden brown on the other side.
5. Place sandwich on a plate a cool for 2 minutes, slice in half and serve.
Makes 1 sandwich