The kids and I just got done making Holly Cookies. Holly cookies are like Rice Krispie treats only you use corn flakes or frosted flakes. They are super simple to make and the kids have a blast making and decorating them.
Holly cookies have become a family tradition. We make these cookies every year for Christmas and they are loved by both kids and adults.
1/3 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoons green food coloring
6 cups corn flakes or frosted flakes
Cinnamon red hot candies
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Do not burn the butter.
2. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir until the marshmallows have melted.
3. To the melted marshmallows add the vanilla extract and green food coloring. Stir until combined.
4. Add the cornflakes to the marshmallow mixture and stir until the flakes are well coated.
5. Drop the cereal mixture by tablespoonfuls on wax paper. Decorate the cookies with the cinnamon red hot candies using the frosting to hold the candies in place. Let cool.
6. Store cookies (single layer) in an airtight container.
Makes about 18 cookies.