It is that time of year when we start our Christmas baking. Most of us will bake cookies.
As I was looking through some cookbooks, I found some helpful holiday baking tips I would like to share with you.
1. Be sure to have plenty of cookie trays, parchment paper, rolling pins, cookie cutters, flour, sugar, eggs, and cookie decorations.
2. If your cookie dough becomes too soft to work with, put it in some waxed paper and refrigerate it for thirty minutes.
3. If you do not use all your cookie dough, you can refrigerate it or freeze it.
4. If your cookies are going to be decorations, use a plastic drinking straw to make a hole in the cookies where you want to run a ribbon through.
5. If you are rolling your dough between sheets of parchment paper or waxed paper, sprinkle a little water on your work surface to keep the paper from sliding.
6. Cool your cookie sheets between batches of cookie baking.
7. Do not put your cookies away until they have cooled completely.