Yesterdays blog listed some cookie tips. I thought it would also be helpful to list a few icing tips.
1. Add coloring slowly to your icing to be sure you get the shade you want.
2. Toothpicks are great for mixing colors in your icing.
3. Be sure to cover your icing with plastic wrap when you are not using it. This will prevent your icing from drying out.
4. If you do not use all your icing you can refrigerate it up to 2 weeks.
5. Keep you icing thin if you are coating your cookies with a brush. Keep your icing thick if you are piping you icing.
6. You can decorate your cookies with sugar crystals, silver balls, or nonpareils before baking your cookies. DO NOT ice your cookies until they have cooled.
Have fun and share the fun with family and friends.