Today's recipe is an easy cookie recipe. The cookies are bar cookies and they are delicious. This recipe uses vanilla wafers but you can substitute graham cracker crumbs.
Chocolate Layered Toffee Bars
* ¼ lb butter
* 1¼ cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 50 wafers)
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
* 1 cup Heath toffee bits
* 1 -14 oz can condensed milk
* 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* 1. Melt the butter. Put the vanilla wafer crumbs in a medium bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well.
* 2. Press the crumb mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch-baking pan.
* 3. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the vanilla wafer crust.
* 4. Sprinkle the coconut over the chocolate chips.
* 5. Sprinkle the toffee bits over the coconut.
* 6. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the cookie layers.
* 7. Sprinkle the nuts over the layers.
* 8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
* 9. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Yield: Makes 24 bars