Today, started out with Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes. They are like eating a fluffy chocolate chip cookie. They are ooey gooey, and incredibly delicious. Serve with a glass of cold milk. What a way to start the day.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
- 1-cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2-teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slightly melted butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2-teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,brown sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside for later use.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the milk, egg, vanilla extract, and butter. Stir together until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat or an electric griddle to 350 degrees. To test if the skillet is hot enough, sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan surface. If the water “dances” on the surface the skillet is ready. Lightly grease the skillet and wipe off any excess with a paper towel.
- Gently drop one ladle of batter mixture onto the skillet. When bubbles begin to form and the edges of the pancake are golden, flip and cook another 2 minutes or until pancake is set. Serve immediately with syrup.
- Makes approximately eight 4-inch pancakes.