Today, I set aside some strawberries to make my favorite quick bread - Strawberry Lemon Tea bread.
This bread is nice and moist with a hint of citrus.
Strawberry Lemon Tea Bread
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1/2 -teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs beaten
½ cup vegetable oil
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Grated zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches loaf bread pan.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium-mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, finely chop the strawberries.
4. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, strawberries lemon zest, and lemon juice to the dry ingredients. Stir until the dry ingredients are well moistened.
5. Fold in the walnuts.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
8. Cool in pan for 10 minutes
9. Turn out bread on a rack to cool.
Makes 1 loaf.