The taste is a little Southwestern with a little Middle Eastern. No matter how you use it the result is simply delicious.
1 cup canned garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
3 Haas avocados
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1-teaspoon onion powder
1 ½ tablespoon tahini
1. Put the garbanzo beans in a food processor and process until coarsely pureed.
2. Cut avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh into a medium size-mixing bowl.
3. Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado flesh. Toss to coat well. Drain any excess lime juice.
4. Mash the avocados with a potato masher.
- To the mashed avocados add the garbanzo beans, garlic salt, ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, onion powder, and tahini.
- Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature with Pita chips.
Makes 2 cups