The taste is creamy goodness and lusciously fruity. This dessert is deliciously easy to make and best of all requires no baking (a big plus during the summer). Just pop it in the refrigerator. Being that this dessert requires no baking and very little cooking(melting the butter) it is easy for kids to make with little adult supervision.
I make this dessert for most of our summertime activities - barbecues, family get togethers, potlucks, picnics, holiday parties, etc. It is simply amazing.
Banana Split Dessert
2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
6 tablespoons butter melted
1- 3.5 ounce box if vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
3 medium ripe bananas
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
1- 8-ounce cartoon whipped topping
¼ cup coarsely ground nuts
10 maraschino cherries
- In a small mixing bowl combine the vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the crumbs in the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes or until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the vanilla crust.
- Slice the bananas and place banana slices over the pudding.
- Next layer the strawberries over the bananas.
- Spread the crushed pineapple over the layers followed by the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the nuts on the whipped topping.
- Drain and cut the maraschino cherries in half. Dot the dessert with the cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours.
Makes 12 servings