1 dozen corn tortillas
9-11 tablespoons olive oil
1-15 oz can red or green enchilada sauce
4 1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1/2-cup sour cream
2 teaspoon red chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat the bottom a 9x13 inch-baking dish with enchilada sauce.
1.Place 2-3 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet – enough oil to cover bottom of pan. Heat oil.
2.Put tortillas in oil and cook for about 10 seconds on each side until soft – not crunchy. Remove tortillas with tongs and let oil drip back into the pan.
3. Put tortillas on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
4. Repeat with all tortillas adding oil as needed.
5. Put 4 cups of cheese in a large mixing bowl.
6. In a small mixing bowl combine the sour cream, red chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
7. Add the sour cream mixture to the cheese and mix until the sour cream mixture and cheese are well incorporated
8. In a 9-inch pie pan, pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom. Dip a tortilla in the sauce and turn over to coat the other side. Place tortillas on a plate and spoon 1½ tablespoons of the cheese mixture in the center of the tortilla and spread the length of the tortilla.
9. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all tortillas have been made into enchiladas.
10. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and top with 1/4 cup of cheese. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
11. Remove from the oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream.