Today, I made some beef jerky. This beef jerky has a little spice to it which I like.
First, I slice flank steak in thin strips, marinade it, bake it, let and cool, and it is ready to eat or store.
2 pounds flank steak
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3-cup soy sauce
1-teaspoon liquid smoke
1 tablespoon Agave nectar
1-teaspoon garlic powder
1-teaspoon onion powder
1-teaspoon celery salt
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1-teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Trim excess fat from the flank steak.
2. Place steak in a zip loc bag a freeze for 1 hour – this makes the steak easier to slice.
3.Remove the steak from the freezer. Slice the steak into thin long strips with the grain of the meat.
4. Place the strips of meat in a zip loc bag.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
6. Pour the marinade mixture over the steak strips. Close the zip loc bag and shake.
7. Place the meat in the refrigerator for at least six hours or overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 150 degrees or the lowest temperature of your oven. Line two large baking sheets with foil.
9. Remove steak strips from the marinade and pat dry. Place in a single layer on the prepared pans.
10 Bake for 3 hours with the oven door slightly open. Turn meat strips over and bake for another 3-4 hours or until the meat is firm and dry to the touch but not crumbly. If you are using a dehydrator follow the manufacturer’s directions.
11. Cool and store in a zip loc bag.
|Slicing the Flank Steak|
|Steak slices in marinade|
|Ready for Oven|