|Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars|
My two favorite desserts in life are Cheesecake and Creme Brulee. I decided to do some experimenting to combine my two favorite desserts into one.
I like this recipe because the cheese filling is light with a touch of creme brulee flavor. The cookie crumb crust with the crunchy topping make this dessert irresistible.
Crème Brulee Cheesecake Bars
1 Package (10 Oz) Lorna Doone Cookies
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 packages (8-ounces) cream cheese softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brewed Crème Brulee coffee at room temperature
2 eggs at room temperature
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the Lorna Doones in a food processor. Pulse until crumbs are formed. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are moist.
3. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish or a 9x9 inch-baking dish. Press the cookies crumbs in the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and crème brulee coffee until smooth.
5. Add eggs to the cheese mixture one at a time. Do not add the next egg until the first one is incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
6. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crumb crust.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center is almost set.
8. Cool completely. Refrigerate until just ready to serve.
9. Before serving preheat the broiler. Mix the brown sugar with the water. Spread it evenly over the cheesecake filling.
10. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for about 2 minutes or until the topping is bubbly.
11. Cut into 16 bars and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.