The meatballs are made with all-ground beef, spices, cheese, seasoned breadcrumbs, and an egg. Simple ingredients when combined together result in a delicious meal.
1-pound ground beef
1 egg beaten
¼ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1-tablespoon onion powder
1-teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a medium-mixing bowl, place the ground beef, beaten egg, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cheese.
2. Mix with your hands until the ingredients are well combined.
3. Measure the ground beef mixture using a measuring cup or a cookie dough scoop (depending on the size of meatballs you want) and shape into a ball. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Place meatballs in skillet and brown on all sides.
Note: Do not cook the meatballs until they are completely done if you are going to use them in a sauce or soup. Let them cook the rest of the way in the sauce or broth.
5. Drain the meatballs on paper towels. Add to your favorite sauce or soup broth.
|Ready to Be Mixed|
|Ingredients Well Combined|
|In the Pan Getting Browned|
* My recipe for "Spaghetti Sauce" will be posted on September 28, 2011.