|Chicken Noodle Soup|
Chicken Noodle Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup finely diced onion
2 cloves of garlic finely minced
2 quarts chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
1 cup sliced carrots
½ cup diced celery
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 (8 ounce) package Kluski noodles*
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook two minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth, chicken, carrots, celery, bay leaf, dried parsley flakes, salt and pepper to the stockpot. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Cook Kluski noodles according to package directions while the soup is simmering.
5. Add the noodles to the soup and cook 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
7. Remove the bay leaf and ladle the soup into bowls.
Makes 8 servings.
*If you cannot find Kluski noodles use egg noodles.