This dish is great for company or a family dinner. The chicken is baked in chicken broth, wine, and spices. Before serving, a flavorful wine sauce is poured over it. Serve it with a veggie and you have dinner.
6 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
½ teaspoon onion powder
1/2-teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1-cup chicken broth
½ cup white cooking wine
Mushroom Sauce Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup mushroom slices
2 tablespoons flour
¼ cup cold water
Reserved pan juices
Cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Spray lightly a 9x13 inch-baking dish. Set aside.
2. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside
|Chicken Broth, White Wine, and Spices|
4. Put the chicken in the prepared baking pan. Pour the chicken broth mixture over the chicken breasts.
5. Sprinkle chicken breasts with the seasoned salt and paprika.
7. Melt the butter in a small skillet and sauté the mushroom slices while the chicken is baking.
9. In a saucepan add the flour and water and whisk until smooth.
10. Whisk in the reserved pan juices to the flour mixture slowly. Cook and stir over low heat till the sauce thickens and bubbles. Boil for 4 minutes longer.
11.Add the mushrooms to the sauce and heat through. Remove from heat.
10. Remove the chicken from the oven and place on a platter or on individual plates. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and garnish with a sprig of cilantro if desired.