Rolled Chicken Enchiladas
6-7 tablespoons olive oil
1-(14 ounce) can red or green enchilada sauce
1-½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about half a breast)
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
½ cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch-baking dish with enchilada sauce.
2. Place 3 tablespoons olive oil in an 8-inch skillet. Heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
3. Place tortillas in oil and cook for about 3-5 seconds or until soft – NOT CRUNCHY per side. Remove tortillas with tongs and let the oil drip back into the pan.
4. Place tortillas on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. If necessary, blot off excess oil.
5. Repeat with all tortillas adding oil as needed.
6. Mix together ½ cup sour cream and ¼ cup enchilada sauce. Set aside.
7. Add 2 ½ cups cheese and chicken in a large mixing bowl. Pour the sour cream mixture over the chicken and cheese. Mix until well incorporated.
|Chicken and Cheese|
|Chicken, Cheese, and Sour Cream Mixture Combined|
|Pie Pan With Enchilada Sauce|
10. Repeat steps 8 and 8 until all tortillas have been made into enchiladas.
11. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes removing the foil the last 10 minutes of baking. The enchiladas are done when the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly.
12. Serve the enchiladas on plates with a dollop of sour cream.
|Baking Dish With Enchilada Sauce|
|Tortilla Dipped In Enchilada Sauce|
|Filling in Middle of Tortilla|
|Enchiladas Ready For The Oven|
|Out of The Oven|
|Ready to Eat|