Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bailey's Irish Cream Cake

With St. Patrick's Day coming up, I started searching for a tasty dessert.  I found a delicious recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream cake.  You start with a cake mix, add pudding, eggs and Bailey's Irish Cream. I modified the recipe some by omitting the nuts and using a chocolate cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix.  The recipe had a cream frosting, but I opted  for a glaze.   You could also dust the cake with confectioners sugar.   The cake was moist and had just the right flavoring of Bailey's Irish Cream.


Bailey's Irish Cream Cake
Adapted from Christmas-Cookies.com

Ingredients:

1 package chocolate cake mix (without pudding)
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
Bailey's Irish Cream glaze (recipe below)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients.
3. Beat for 4 minutes with an electric mixer and pour into the prepared pan.
4. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.  Turn cake out of pan and cool on a cooling rack or invert onto a plate.
6. Glaze and serve.


Bailey Irish Cream Glaze
From Bailey's.com/Irish-recipes
Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter
1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons Bailey Original Irish Cream

Directions:
1. Melt butter. Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth.
2. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.









6 comments:

  1. This is amazing, I do love Irish Cream Cake and thankfully I live in Ireland so I can have it first hand. I also love Bailey's in any form, its my favorite alcohol-- for it taste and sweetness. I'm looking forward to making that cake. I adore your version. Cant wait until I share it with my Irish friends. Thank you for posting! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I hope you and your friends like the cake. Best regards, Geri

      Delete
  2. Geri, your cake looks so moist and fabulous!!! My family would LOVE it...especially with that beautiful glaze :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geri, Simply beautiful cake...moist and yummy! Would love a slice right now!

    ReplyDelete