Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Cheese Souffle

This week we made Cheese Souffle in "French Fridays With Dorie."  Let me start by saying the souffle was delicious.  It was light, fluffy, and  delectable - just like a souffle should be.  I was apprehensive about making this dish.  As is stated in Dories book, it has been said a souffle is very fussy, but that isn't the case.  I am so glad I tried this recipe.  I didn't have a souffle mold so I just used a 2-1/2 quart round Corning baking dish.  Now that I have gotten over my fear of making souffles, a souffle mold is going to be on my Mother's Day list. I waited for 30 minutes to put a piece of foil over my souffle so it got a little too brown.  Next time, I will do it at 25 minutes.  The recipe for Cheese Souffle can be found on pages 150-151 in "Around My French Table."









2 comments:

  1. Geri, Your souffle looks just like mine! I also used a corning dish. A souffle mold is now on my wish list! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly done, Geri! I don't think it's too brown at all! Have a fabulous weekend, my friend~

    ReplyDelete