4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
5 cups Marinara sauce, warmed and divided
½ cup flour
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup Italian Bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper
4-6 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
1. Flatten chicken breasts in a zip lock bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Flatten to 1/3- inch thickness. Place on a platter.
2. Pour 1 cup Marinara sauce in a 15x10 inch-baking dish. Spread evenly over the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
3. Spread flour on a plate. Place beaten eggs in a pie pan. Spread breadcrumbs on another plate.
4. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Coat both side of the breasts with flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Place on a platter. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Place chicken in skillet and cook until brown. Flip and brown the other side. Add more oil as needed. Do not crowd your skillet – you may need to brown the chicken in batches.
7. Place browned chicken breasts over the sauce in the baking dish.
8. Cover the chicken with 2 cups Marinara sauce. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the chicken then the grated Parmesan cheese.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly.
10. Cook the linguine according to package directions while the chicken is baking. Drain the noodles and set aside.
11. Remove the Chicken Parmigiana from the oven. Place cooked linguine on a plate with some Marinara sauce on top. Place a chicken breast on top of the linguine. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Make 4 servings
|Flattened Chicken Breast|
|Breadcrumbs, Eggs, Flour|
|Sauce in Bottom of Pan|
|Chicken On Top Of Sauce|
|Chicken Covered With Sauce|
|Chicken With Sauce and Cheeses|
|Out of Oven|
|Chicken Parmigiana with Linguine|