Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Cocoa Sables

This week our assignment for French Fridays with Dorie was Cocoa Sables.  This was not a good recipe for me on the first go around. I was tempted to throw out the mixture and just forget it.  However, I persevered and completed the recipe. The problem was the  dough. It was  very crumbly and difficult to roll into a log.    Before trying the recipe again, I decided to do some research.  In doing research on my "dough problem" I read in a post from Dorie Greenspan's Blog stating it could be the cocoa powder causing the crumbliness. Dutch processed is preferred.   She stated she had good results using the following brands of cocoa powder: Valrhona, Scharffenberger or Droste.    Before I try again, I am  definitely going to get new cocoa powder.  I will keep you posted on the outcome.  This recipe can be found on pages 402-403 in "Around My French Table."





3 comments:

  1. Geri, Sorry to hear you had a problem with these. Your cookies sure do look wonderfully delicious. I used Trader Joe’s cocoa (dutch processed). I thought mine came out good…with great flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the cocoa powder making a difference, I will keep that in mind. They do make for one tasty cookie. I made them a long time ago and they were a hit. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr....no fun when a recipe doesn't work perfectly! I hope they were still tasty :) Have a wonderful weekend, Geri!

    ReplyDelete