The ingredients are simple, some ground beef, cheese, refried beans (from a can) black olives, taco seasoning, salsa, and crushed tortilla chips ( a great way to use the crumbs in the bottom of your chip bag). You layer the ingredients in a casserole dish, bake and dinner is ready.
2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
1 pound ground beef
1 package (1 ¼ ounce) taco seasoning
½ cup water
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 cup Salsa Verde or your favorite salsa
2 cup shredded Mexican cheese, divided
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 tomato diced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray lightly with cooking spray an 8x8 inch-baking dish.
3. Scatter tortilla chips in the bottom of the dish.
4. Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain any excess fat.
6.Heat refried beans in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1-cup cheese and salsa. Stir until combined and heated through.
8. Cover the beans with the beef.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese over beef.
10. Sprinkle black olives over cheese.
11. Bake until the cheese is melted – about 7-10 minutes. Check after 5 minutes to be on the safe side.
12. Remove the casserole from the oven. Sprinkle the diced tomato over the casserole. Let the casserole set for about 5 minutes and serve.
Makes 8 servings