|Jalapeño Popper Dip|
Jalapeño Popper Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
1-cup sour cream
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 (4 ounce) can diced Jalapeño peppers, drained
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
Jalapeño slices for garnish
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1-cup Panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray lightly a deep-dish 9-inch pie pan or a quiche pan. Set aside.
2. Beat the cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
3. Add the green chilies, Jalapeño Peppers, Pepper Jack cheese, garlic powder, and cumin to the cream cheese mixture. Stir by hand until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Spread the dip mixture into the prepared pan.
5. Prepare the Topping: Place all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Stir until the crumbs are well coated with the melted butter.
6. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the dip. Place dip in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and bubbly.
As a Side Note: As many of you know, my mother has Alzheimer's. September is World Alzheimer's Month and the facility where my mother resides was sponsoring a Chili contest to raise funds for the Alzheimer's Association. People paid $5 to sample the many types of Chilies that were entered in the contest. The Chili I entered won a prize. Below is a picture of the lovely basket of goodies I won.