|Chipotle Pumpkin Spiced Pecans|
As these nuts are cooking, the aroma is wonderful. You have the smell of toasted pecans mixed with the fragrance of pumpkin spice and a hint of chipotle chili. Two cups of pecans are toasted in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Then you add butter and stir until it is melted. Next a sugar spice mixture is added with a little water. Cook until the mixture thickens and coats the nuts. Then the nuts are spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cooled. The nuts are then stored in an airtight container.
I usually make these spiced pecans ahead of time. They can be stored up to 3 weeks in an airtight container. These nuts also make great holiday gifts.
Chipotle Pumpkin Spiced Pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
2 cups pecans
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
1. In a small bowl mix the sugar, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Kosher salt, and Chipotle chili powder. Set side.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and cooking stirring frequently until the nuts are toasted - about 4 -5 minutes.
4. Add the butter and stir until it melts. Add the sugar spice mixture and the water. Stir until the mixture thickens and coats the nuts.
5. Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheets and separate with a fork. Let the nuts cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container.
Makes 2 cups