Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hurry-Up-And-Wait Roast Chicken



Best Roast Chicken Ever


I am running late again for my French Friday's With Dorie group.  Last Friday, our assignment was Hurry-Up-And-Wait Roast Chicken.  I finally got around to making it.  

I hesitate to make roast chicken because it usually turns out dry.  That is not the case with this chicken.  It is very moist and flavorful.  The secret is turning the chicken as you are baking it. First, the chicken is baked on one side and then turned to  cook on the other side.  You then place the chicken on its' back to cook.  The total time in cooking is approximately 60 minutes in a very hot oven - 450 degrees F.

Once the chicken is fully cooked, take it out of the oven and transfer the chicken, breast side down to a platter.  You then lift the chicken's tail in the air and slide a bowl under it and balance the chicken so it is resting at an angle. This was easier said than done for me.  The chicken did not want to rest at an angle.  Finally, it cooperated.  It lost some skin in the process.  Oh well.   The chicken is loosely covered with foil and you let it rest for 10 minutes.

The bird is ready to serve.  I served my chicken with some roasted veggies.  The meal was delicious and enjoyed by all.  I just had a little slice of breast left and the veggies went fast.

You can find this delicious recipe on pages 202-203 in "Around My French Table."


No comments:

Post a Comment