Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Chai Mix

Pumpkin Spice Chai
Settling down in the evening with a hot drink and reading a good book or knitting is one of my favorite things to do.  I like to enjoy the flavors of the season.  Recently, I made some  Pumpkin Spice Chai mix. A delicious warm drink that is spiced with pumpkin pie spices and other spices that gives chai is delicious and satisfying taste.

In a large bowl I mixed together some unsweetened tea, sugar, non fat dry milk, non-dairy creamers, pumpkin pie spice, and some other spices.  After the ingredients were mixed together, I put the chai mix into a food processor and processed it until it had a powdery consistency.  I store my mix in an airtight container.

When ready to use, I usually add 2 tablespoons of the mix to a mug of hot water.  For an extra creamy chai, you can use hot milk.


Pumpkin Spice Chai Mix

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups  unsweetened tea
2 cups sugar
1 cup non fat dry milk
1 cup non-dairy  creamer
1 cup Pumpkin Spice non-dairy creamer
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Process the chai mix in batches in a food processor until the mix is a powdery consistency.


3. Add 2 tablespoons (more or less to taste)  of chai mix to a mug of hot water.
4. Store Chai mix in an airtight container.

Makes approximately 6 1/2 cups of mix










1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, warming drink to enjoy on those chilly nights! Great recipe - I love all your wonderful beverage recipes!

    ReplyDelete