|Garlic Herb Roasted Turkey Breast|
I picked up a frozen turkey breast at the store and let it thaw in the fridge. I love the fact you can by your favorite turkey parts. Anyway, back to my idea. I made a special buttery garlic herb spread that I rubbed on the turkey flesh. I began by gently separating the skin from the flesh and massaged the buttery spread onto the flesh. The little I had left, I rubbed on the outside of the breast. In the cavity, I added some onions and carrots. Any left over veggies that did not fit in the cavity I placed in the bag around the breast. I baked the turkey in an Oven Bag. I love Oven Bags. One of the better cooking inventions in my opinion.
The turkey baked for about 2 hours. I let the turkey sit for awhile and then I sliced it up.
Mmmm was this ever good. I love what garlic and herbs can do for poultry. The breast was very flavorful and moist. I served the turkey with the carrots and onions from the bag along with some mashed potatoes and gravy. Great dinner with little fuss and clean up.
Garlic Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
1 (10-12 pound) bone in turkey breast thawed
5 tablespoons butter, softened
4 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 medium onion cut into 8 pieces
2 carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon flour
1. Make three medium balls out of aluminum foil. Place in a triangle pattern in the bottom of a roasting pan. Preheat oven to temperature stated in Oven Bag directions.
1. Wash turkey breast and be sure to rinse out the cavity. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. Place the butter, garlic, parsley flakes, sage, and thyme in a small bowl. Mix together until you have a smooth spread and the garlic and herbs are well incorporated into the butter.
3. Loosen the skin from the turkey flesh. Massage the butter spread onto the turkey breast. Any left over butter, rub on the outside of the turkey.
4. Fill the cavity with the onions and carrots. It is fine if there are some left over.
5. Place the flour in the oven bag and shake. Add the left over veggies.
6. Place turkey in the oven bag and place in the roasting pan.
7. Bake turkey according to the instructions found in the Oven Bag package.
8. Remove turkey from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve.
Makes 8 servings