|Salted Caramel-Chocolate Dump Cake|
The ingredients are basic: cake mix, a package of instant chocolate pudding, milk, caramels, coarse sea salt, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and whipped cream which is optional. First you mix the pudding and milk together. You then add the cake mix and stir. The batter is very thick. Spread the batter evenly into a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the caramels over the cake mix followed by a sprinkling of sea salt. The cake is baked for about 30-40 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and cool. In the meantime, melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave. Once the chips have melted, drizzle the chocolate over the cooled cake. Your cake is ready to serve. If you wish you can serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream. I used Reddi Wip and everyone loved it.
Salted Caramel-Chocolate Dump Cake
From Tablespoon Blog
|Doesn't This Look Good:)|
1 small (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food cake mix
1 1/2 cups chopped caramels
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk for one minute to combine.
3. Add cake mix ONLY and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Spread batter evenly into bottom of prepared pan (batter will be thick). Sprinkle with chopped caramels. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste (remember: A little bit goes a long way).
5. Bake cake 30-40 minutes or until edges pull away from sides and a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
|Out of the Oven and Cooling|
7. Pour chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is fully melted. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cooled cake.
8. Serve cake with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.