Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Fried Ravioli

Fried Ravioli
Fried Raviolis I have eaten but have not ventured to make.  This changed on March 20, 2014 which was National Ravioli Day.  I made some Fried Raviolis.  I found various recipes on the Web and picked a little of this and a little of that from various recipes and came up with my own.  In reading over the recipes, I did not realize how easy these little gems were to make.  They are usually served as an appetizer with marinara sauce.  I served mine as a light dinner with some salad.



I started out with some fresh raviolis - about one pound.  I dipped the raviolis in an egg wash than dunked them into some Italian breadcrumbs.  They were then fried in some canola oil which was heated to 325 degrees F.  You turn them occasionally until they are golden brown - about 3 minutes.  I drained them on some paper towels.  I then plated the Raviolis, sprinkled with some grated Parmesan cheese and served them with some marinara sauce.

They were delicious.  Crisp pasta bites dipped in sauce  that oozed out flavor with every bite. Belated Happy Ravioli Day:)


Fried Ravioli

Ingredients:

Canola Oil
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1 pound fresh Ravioli
1 jar of Marinara Sauce
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
1. Pour  2 inches of canola  oil in a heavy bottomed pan.  Heat oil to 325 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the egg and the milk.  Set aside.
3. Put bread crumbs in a shallow dish - I used a pie plate.
4. Dip Ravioli in the egg/milk mixture.  Let excess drain off.  Next coat the Ravioli in bread crumbs.
5. Place the Ravioli on a baking sheet.  Repeat until all of the Raviolis are coated.
6. Put the Raviolis in the hot oil and cook in batches.  Occasionally turn the Raviolis until golden brown on both sides.  Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
7. Serve immediately with  some  sprinkled grated Parmesan cheese on top  and Marinara Sauce on the side.







2 comments:

  1. Fried ravioli is definitely one of the greatest appetizers ever sooooo good! Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO! I missed Ravioli Day! Since working on this computer transfer I've missed quite a few days, lol...It's going along fine, now:) I've had a Mac computer since 1990 but I have never had such a time transferring files. Finally got it to work though and I'm almost done:)

    I have eaten fried ravioli many times but, I have never made them on my own. I had no idea that you actually bread them before frying. Very cool! I will definitely be trying this Geraldine. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete